woodbridge township poultry permit?

I'm exploring ways to transition into more sustainable living practices. I was born and raised in Woodbridge Township. My grandparents had chickens in the 1950's, at the very home I now live in. At the time they had their chickens, there were not as many homes in proximity. Now we are surrounded. I'm fortunate to still have a nice size yard and can certainly accommodate a few chickens. However, I'm concerned about at least one neighbor who already made disapproving comments when I mentioned it to him. He also has 5, not so friendly dogs that would no doubt terrorize my poor chickens. With all that said, I would like to have chickens, I just don't think the rest of our community will be as agreeable. :(

Yay! I was approved for my permit! Now it’s time to start gathering supplies. At this rate, I may have my chickens by summer.
Wow! So glad for you! How did you manage to get approved? What happened with the zoning board? I’m looking to apply for a permit for next year.

Wow! So glad for you! How did you manage to get approved? What happened with the zoning board? I’m looking to apply for a permit for next year.

Hi,

I wrote a letter to the mayor explaining the inconsistencies within the guidelines. As long as it’s the minimum requirements then you do not need approval from the zoning board.

Hi, how long have you been in the Township? Would you join me in trying to change the ordinance from an exemption to an actual plan? Do you know of anyone else in the Township that would like to have chickens?
I will also like to be able to keep chickens in Woodbridge NJ, has anyone out there been able to obtain a permit

Hi, how long have you been in the Township? Would you join me in trying to change the ordinance from an exemption to an actual plan? Do you know of anyone else in the Township that would like to have chickens?
We would like chickens in Colonia

Hi,

I wrote a letter to the mayor explaining the inconsistencies within the guidelines. As long as it’s the minimum requirements then you do not need approval from the zoning board.
Do you have to apply for any permits? Do they have to come out and inspect? Do you have to pay a fee? I would like to have one chicken to raise during the summer so the kids can feed it and play with it. Then possibly take it to a farm or place where the chicken can be accepted.

Back
Top Bottom