Woods Open Air Coop Design - Amish Built

"Jenny Loves Chickies, post: 19425774, member: 495488"] I’m also not sure the side windows are large enough so they may need to modify those too.

Yeah, those side windows are too small. My coop's side windows are about 30" or so. Need that air flow. Other than that, from what I see, it's coming along great.

"Jenny Loves Chickies, post: 19425774, member: 495488"] I’m also not sure the side windows are large enough so they may need to modify those too.

Yeah, those side windows are too small. My coop's side windows are about 30" or so. Need that air flow. Other than that, from what I see, it's coming along great.
Thanks so much and I totally agree, I'm going to ask them to make them bigger. What do you think about the top windows? Does it appear there is enough glass to allow for the sun to warm it up?

Thanks so much and I totally agree, I'm going to ask them to make them bigger. What do you think about the top windows? Does it appear there is enough glass to allow for the sun to warm it up?

Do you know how big those upper windows are? From what I can see from the picture, it looks like they could have gone a bit bigger there too. I used old transom windows, I believe they are 16X30", if I remember correctly. They practically fill the whole monitor on my coop.

I'm planning on the 6' x 10' version of the Woods' coop. How big should my side windows be do you think?

Do you know how big those upper windows are? From what I can see from the picture, it looks like they could have gone a bit bigger there too. I used old transom windows, I believe they are 16X30", if I remember correctly. They practically fill the whole monitor on my coop.
The upper windows are 16x32 on the top, the side windows are 22x21.....I think they made them shorter because mine is only 14 feet long versus 16 feet. They said they could get another 3 inches to make it 22x24 if I really needed it. Let me know your thoughts and thanks as always :)

I'm planning on the 6' x 10' version of the Woods' coop. How big should my side windows be do you think?

With a 6X10' coop, the front section of the coop is going to be around 4' deep. So you could probably use 24", or so, square windows. What you are looking for, is when you slide the windows open in the warmer months, they will be totally out of the window frame. Or, you could hinge them at the top, to swing in. Then you could hook or latch them to the ceiling.

With a 6X10' coop, the front section of the coop is going to be around 4' deep. So you could probably use 24", or so, square windows. What you are looking for, is when you slide the windows open in the warmer months, they will be totally out of the window frame. Or, you could hinge them at the top, to swing in. Then you could hook or latch them to the ceiling.
That’s exactly our issue, 24 inches would be the max for our 8x14 otherwise it would block the opening when slid all the way to the end.

Another thought...your windows are glass right? I believe they used plexiglass in mine, not really sure of the pros/cons.

Back
Top Bottom