Woodstoves

Ahhh...woodstoves, its how I grew up. It always seemed normal when I was little to hear dad or mom getting up to stoke or throw in some more wood! And I actually MISS the distinctive smell of a house heated with wood. I didnt even mind the work to get all we needed for winter.(Seven of us kids, more hands made for less work!)
I am glad I read this thread, even though I kind of went off on a ramble, it made for good memories.
smile.png

I am sweating! DH fired up the woodstove today and it is now OVER 80 DEGREES in our living room...

Woodstoves and pyromaniacs. Perfect together!

I am about to go flip on the AC if it gets any hotter in here...

That 91 degrees in the livingroom makes it a comfy 75 throughout the rest of the house. I am used to running fireplaces. This woodstove is the best investment I ever made. It cost me 4 pol barred rocks and a white peckin duck.
smile.png

Today was the first time we kept the stove going all day rather than letting it die out in the morning. I think this will be my cheapest heating season ever. I've been loosing oak trees to blight for the last five years and had them cut split and stacked for $5/face cord. No labor myself. One hundred dollars will pay the heat bill and I didn't have to use my own saw. The one upgrade I did make this year was to work on increasing circulation by installing vent pipes in some strategic places to even out the temps. Upstairs and down are now both around 75 at the same time. Wonderful.
My son didn't want to work that hard and bought a place with natural gas...he'll be crying soon enough and as long as I am carrying wood myself I won't feel sorry for him
smile.png

My dh fired up the wood burning furnace yesterday! With hot flashes and his wood burning ....................
th.gif
I have to open windows to be able to breathe! Now it is suppose to get down to 28 tonight for our first freeze...guess what? He never built a fire today
duc.gif

We have had a small fire every night and every morning except two in the last month. Here is Idaho, it has not actually been fall. :|

Then in the afternoon I have to open the front and back screen doors as I am too hot. Go figure!
roll.png

Last edited:
Well, at eleven tonight the blower kicked in and hasn't stopped in the past hour. I am opening windows/doors just to be able to get some cool air to breathe!! I do wish my darling dh would learn to adjust the furnace and not try to cook me!!
idunno.gif

It's 36 here tonight and snowing! I've got the woodstove cranked, but like everyone else said 'the 91 degrees in the living room is killing me' (I have to crack a very window!).
lol.png
But at least when I get out of the shower, I don't have icicles clinging to me!

Woodstoves = Best investments EVER.

Back
Top Bottom