WOOOO HOOOO We Have A MAJOR PIP!!

FunnyBunnies12

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
Cedar Springs, Michigan
I looked at the eggs 5min before this, and my son was over there with the light shining in, I told him to get awayso he doesn't bump the incubator, I checked and nothing was there, I grabbed something close and looked in shortly after like 5min prior and BOOM we have a Major pip!! And it's not egg #19, egg 19 had the small pip, x with just a small piece flaked up slightly, so I'm think that is still a pip, but this 14 is a MAJOR PIP!! I'm so LOVING this!! I'm hoping , hoping, things go smooth
fl.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/66568_img00596-20101014-2156_2.jpg
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif

#13 the one the got the dent 2wks ago in which was questionable rather it would make it this far or not has rocked this morning, just a day before yesterday I was questioning it because wasn't even in the air sac yet where couple others were! And now it rocked, if this baby makes it it truly will be a miracle!! Just seeing it rocked I'm feeling a bit more hopeful. But, I know things can go wrong and I'm so excited and scared at the same time of a major let down and none make it to hatch and this is a teaser. I'm not sure how much I like the still air Hova Bator and it's fluctuating temp/humidity. I haven't opened it but I guess from what Katharina keeps telling me as long as it's 95+ i'm safe. Humidity is 79-80% Temp still ranges around 98
fl.gif
No changes since last night of the external pip.

I found my results were alot better after installing a fan into my Hovabator. I used the one with the fan for the main incubation- then swap them over to a still air for lockdown.

I bought the new incubator ( IM 35 with roll turner ) a month ago- and have had my best hatch so far.

You can get a kit from the manufacturer- or even just use an old PC fan. I would recommend an electrician to install it- but it is very simple. I was lucky enough to be able to guy a guy from work to do mine. It only took about 5 minutes.

celebrate.gif
Even better, #13 is really rocking and boy is it chirping like crazy, if all goes well I should be seeing an external pip today, I'm seeing what could possibly be the area it will pip. If it is, I will feel so, so much better because it will be well away from the wax/glue and it can freely zip the egg without a problem. The dent is at the very top, so far from what I'm seeing of my own and others that have posted, they don't break through the very tip top, but along the seem line where the airsac and baby meet. Am I right?? If so, then I honestly am not going to fret about #13 then. But still, if it hatches it will be a major
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
hit.gif
(tears of joy) So as with many of you, I sit and wait!
pop.gif

Maybe I should name it that if it makes it! Also #14 pip just got bigger, I can tell it's starting to slowly but surely zip out now!! But I'm right with you in the cheering section..

COME ON LUCKY 13!!!
ya.gif
PIP PIP PIP(In the right area of course stay away from the wax/glue!!) Lucky 13 is talking to me right now actually.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
It seems to be best to have an incubator with fan for the incubation period. For hatching it's better not to have a fan, because the fan can cause shrink wrapping. So I tell people to get one with a fan that is very good with holding the temperature steady for incubating, and one that may not be that perfect for hatching. For hatching is is ok to be on the lower temperature since the babies work hard inside of the egg.

Back
Top Bottom