WOOOO HOOOOOO! HELP!

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
The post office called this morning & my Sebastopol eggs are being delivered today!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
:woot

I've had my incubator running for two days now...trying to get it right....unfortunately, it's an LG (still air).

So now I'm trying to decide--do I move my Cochin & Brahma eggs into the LG & put my Sebastopol eggs in the hovabator (turbo fan??)

OR do I leave them the way they are--and risk the iffy temps & weird flucations with my 'spensive geese eggs?
idunno.gif

Also, currently my humidity in the LG is 84%, is that alright?

I just hope these hatch!!!!
fl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
if it's any help, I think goose eggs are very sturdy and forgiving. In the wild they get more cooling off etc... My Sebastopols Zeena and Zander who are 10 mo. old have 6 eggs right now! We are hoping they will have luck hatching any of them.

Hi - I have 4 sebastopol eggs in my incubator. They are on day 7, and I have 3 with veins and doing well. I'll give the 4th one a few more days, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Did you get your eggs from a breeder in WA? Maybe our eggs are related
smile.png

I am totally new at incubating - but I had heard that the humidity should be 60 to 65% for the first 25 days and then up it to 75 to 80% for the last few days. I also mist the eggs once a day with a spray bottle.

And, if it were me, I would put the expensive sebastopols in the more reliable incubator.....

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom