Word Of Advice On How to Secure A 2 x 4

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lunkerchicken, May 10, 2009.

1. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

I have finally recieved my first injury during the coop build! I was securing a section of 2 x 4 to the top side of the next box and forgot to secure the far end. When I began to drive the mighty screw into the wood, the small peice swung around like a rocket and clocked me in the skull!!! After seeing a few stars, I gathered my thoughts, went and got ice and kept working! I will say, it left quite a nice welt and cut on my head. Just a word of caution.... I supposed safety galsses should have been in order too, live and learn I guess.
    [​IMG]

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    yup yup and sometimes a hard hat helps. We all have accidents. be careful! Glad you are alright!

3. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    display your wound with honor oh great coop building warrior. [​IMG] i'll pay tribute to you as i enter the danger zone this morining in an attempt to finish the wire over my run. i expect more loss of blood and tissue based on yesterdays results. [​IMG]

4. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I know it had to hurt, but think of that money you would have won if someone had been videoing it!!! AFV's would have loved that one!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by