Work from home schemes & scams?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sunny Side Up, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Mister's job recently ended, so along with applying for jobs with established companies he's also looking into different work from home opportunities. Certainly we know that most of them are not worth the time to even read about, and that most things that sound too good to be true usually are.

Does anyone know of any worthwhile, legitimate work from home opportunities? And if so, would you please share them with us here?

Mister was just looking into one called ZNZ One, some sort of marketing deal that I don't quite understand. It seems you place ads on free sites like Craigslist or something, and when folks buy these products, or take a free trial offer, you get $20. It just seems like a lot of tail-chasing.

2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    How would he know if an offer was taken? There are some legitimate work from home jobs, but many people who work from home (myself included) own thier businesses. Many work as a consultant and get paid for knowledge they gained in thier last jobs. There are legitimate options, but i'd say 97% of those who work from home either do it as thier business, or do it like my husband, who is at home 3 days a week, in the office 2 days.

3. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    If you have to pay for anything, then it's not you making the money, it's them! Go to Good Morning America's website, and there used to be a link about work from home jobs that were legit. Maybe it's still there! And if anyone uses a real email address, you will be COVERED in spam. I suggest opening an email address just for this type of thing. Good luck!

4. Oldfort_mailman

Oldfort_mailman "The Fortfather"

Jul 19, 2011
    cleveland tennessee
    What ever you do don't go for the sell jewelry from home scam. They sell you fake indian beads claiming to buy them back when you make necklaces but they never do. Also the whole envelopestuffer job is a no go. It costs more in medical supplies to heal your papercuts than you make.

5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I do various writing sites such as Examiner.com and Gather where I get money for page views. However, it's mere pittance and I don't consider it a real job. The majority, if not almost all, the people who post on these sites don't get compensated enough for the time they spend working. But, if you want a few extra dollars now and then, they're fine if you put some effort into them. There are also ways to earn money through selling things on various websites. You don't have to pay anything to sign up for a lot of these sites.

Otherwise, I don't know of any real work at home jobs that actually pay good money equal to working a job outside the home. But, Mister should look around and ask people. I know someone who works a computer help desk from home and it's a real job with real pay. But, she got it through an actual brick and morter company.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by