World's Easiest Pickles

Quote:
I'm a little jealous b/c you already have cukes to do this....mine are still babies... and the weather here is not helping much..glad you liked them.
wee.gif

melinda

Dh and I are talking about moving to PA and the one thing that would bother me is the short growing season! That was actually one of my cons. lol

I had about 10 cukes ready so I was so happy to see this recipe cause I didn't know what else to do with them any more.

Can anyone suggest a mixture of spices for the sun dills? These look great and I have the cukes and other ingredients- just lacking imagination. Thanks!

Quote:
I'm a little jealous b/c you already have cukes to do this....mine are still babies... and the weather here is not helping much..glad you liked them.
wee.gif

melinda

I was thinking the same thing; I'm also jealous. We had a hard winter this year. We are usually able to plant our gardens in February but this year the nights were still in the 30's until the end of March so my cucumbers are still babies too. I'm looking forward to some good pickles though. Can't wait.

Can anyone suggest a mixture of spices for the sun dills? These look great and I have the cukes and other ingredients- just lacking imagination. Thanks!

I lost the recipe for the sun dills so I'm hoping someone will see this tell me what to use.

the recipe is on page one of this thread.
suggestion on spices. you can buy dill in my local grocery store, so your might have it too. or look for pickle spices in your store. I add white vinegar, sugar, and garlic.

I don't actually know what's in pickling spices, anyone?.... ?black & white pepper corns, salt, dill of course?

I've try this wo/the dill, it came out ok too...just the vinegar, sugar, and garlic.
good luck, and hope it works for you.
melinda​

Just an update to say I made the recipe again with zucchini cut up like for a relish and it came out just as good.
Added some diced red pepper for color, but otherwise used the TSC recipe doubled. I ended up with 2 full pints, one half pint & a small dish worth of relish.
big_smile.png

I still need to try the sun dills, but now my ice tea jar is full of tea so I'll need to get another jar for pickles:p

Back
Top Bottom