World's Most Expensive Drumstick

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by BeckyLa, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Aw what a sweet story! I wonder how she gets around?

2. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    Whew! I thought Chicken Matthews' [​IMG] amputated wing was expensive! That's about 3500 US dollars!

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I would presume that she would hop with just the one leg...
    I liked that the Good commenters outweighed Peter...LOL

4. Chickenlover88

Chickenlover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    what a touching story. My hen came to me with severe scaley leg mite and only had the use of one leg. She got around great on one leg.

5. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    i love chickens but i dont think i would ever do that. was that really a rhode island red? to me it didnt look like it.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Uh... yeah, that's not a RIR...

I wouldn't spend that much on a single chicken either.

7. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

We were faced w/ vet bills in the hundreds (US, not pounds) and we said ‘No.’ I adore my babies and would crying plaintively if I were to lose one. But it’s a chicken.

I did try to bargain w/ myself. "OK, if i give $500 to a food charity in Africa maybe I can justify spendng $200 on a chicken..."

8. momoftwinsinwi

momoftwinsinwi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Rochester, WI
    That bird looks like a rooster to me?? It's waddles are bigger than a hen's.....or ????? do a hen's waddles get that big???

9. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    I just looked at the exchange rate. 1.99 US to 1.00 GBP. That's a $4000 vet bill.

My grandmother who passed away last month always had a number of house cats. At any given time she had 8 to 10 of them in the house. She had a thick photo album of all the cats she had cared for since she was a little girl, probably 100 cats in there. She never had any names by the photos, but she would go through the album and point each one out by name.

One time one of the cats went into convulsions and she took it to the local vet. They almost lost the cat. It turned out that my grandmother went to the cupboard for flea powder and ended up dusting the cat with a can of carpet cleaner. The vet went to great lengths to save the cat including performing cpr on it. My grandmother told him that she appreciated it, but that it was only a cat...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by