Worm in chickens eye?

I'm not quite sure what it was. You know how some grass sorta looks like mini green wheat plants? And how that grass has these seeds? I'm not actually sure if they are seeds or not, but I think it was one of those things just turned brown from the sun. And I'm guessing it got blown into their dust bathing area in their coup, or in this other place. And as she was taking a dust bath, you know how they roll their heads around in the dirt? I'm guessing it got jammed in when she was doing that. Of course I could be wrong, but that's just my best guess.
We're glad you got it out and there wasnt harm to your hen. :)

Hey, I just want to thank everyone who helped me, I got it out of her eye! She was quite agitated afterward, so I'm going to wait just a little bit before I try to clean the eye, as it would have been very hard with her trying to move all around. But I will clean it, don't worry. :) It was just something from a plant, and I felt terrible for her when I saw just how big it actually was! And the sweet girl was absolutely amazing when I was taking it out, hardly moved at all. Which was extremely good since I did not want to poke her eye with the tweezers. It's like she knew I was trying to help her. Thank you everyone!

Here is a picture of what it was if any of you are interested to see how big it was. :)

I'm not quite sure what it was. You know how some grass sorta looks like mini green wheat plants? And how that grass has these seeds? I'm not actually sure if they are seeds or not, but I think it was one of those things just turned brown from the sun. And I'm guessing it got blown into their dust bathing area in their coup, or in this other place. And as she was taking a dust bath, you know how they roll their heads around in the dirt? I'm guessing it got jammed in when she was doing that. Of course I could be wrong, but that's just my best guess.
Glad you were able to get that out!
You never know what's going to get in the eye, sinus, stuck inside a beak, etc.
Seems like your hen is going to make a great recovery:)
It's some type of seed, not sure what "type".
Reminded me of this thread
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/pulled-a-fox-tail-and-this-mass.1053341/

Hey, I started a new thread called chickens foot is yellow and swollen? I'd love if you could check it out and give me advice on how I might be able to help her. However if it is bumblefoot, then I'm not going to do anything besides maybe start soking it 1-2 times a week to just help soften it. Because years ago as you'll read in the post I already tried and nothing worked. Thank you! Here's the link, tell me if it works

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chickens-foot-is-yellow-and-swollen.1485931/

Hey, I started a new thread called chickens foot is yellow and swollen? I'd love if you could check it out and give me advice on how I might be able to help her. However if it is bumblefoot, then I'm not going to do anything besides maybe start soking it 1-2 times a week to just help soften it. Because years ago as you'll read in the post I already tried and nothing worked. Thank you! Here's the link, tell me if it works

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chickens-foot-is-yellow-and-swollen.1485931/
Yes, it's bumblefoot.
If you've had it before, then you should be able to recognize that:)

Yes, it's bumblefoot.
If you've had it before, then you should be able to recognize that:)
Yeah I thought it was bumblefoot, except dI idn't recognize the lifting scales. The first time we had bumblefoot that didn't happen. So I just thought that maybe she had something else as well. Do you know of any easier ways to help bumblefoot then digging it out with a scalpel. Because we tried that last time multiple times, and it never seemed to help but only hurt the chicken (obviously since we were digging into their foot) we did the whole bathing foot thing too, and nothing ever helped.

Back
Top Bottom