Worm infestation

Fenbendazole is an excellent wormer treating different types of roundworms and I use it in my line up of wormers for my chickens. However, it wont kill tapeworms.

We just bought these for 20 something dollars the folks bought them for me not myself so I’d hate to have them buy something else too if we really were to make the wrong choice... it’s just our local feed store only had this product I didn’t see any pastes etc maybe they did have them but since I called beforehand asking for CHICKEN wormer they told me this even though they recommended me something for cattle before when I called about sick chickens.. they said the mother of the store always used it so with them telling me about this product to deworm I trusted them.

Fenbendazole is an excellent wormer treating different types of roundworms and I use it in my line up of wormers for my chickens. However, it wont kill tapeworms.
Bummer- thankfully some do have roundworm so it should kill those then.. maybe I’ll just need to find something else next time we go to tsc or the feed store we went to I do believe we may run to tsc this weekend so I’ll try and get something I hope.

Get the Equimax horse wormer paste for the tapeworms. Follow the dosing instructions in post #2. Bye bye tapeworms.
Ok I’ll try to get that, you said it treats tapes but can it treat roundworms too? It’s fine if it doesn’t but just curious

I also looked at valbazen and that stuffs quite over our budget but I’m reading it works for lots of people but does the paste work just as good?

Ok I’ll try to get that, you said it treats tapes but can it treat roundworms too? It’s fine if it doesn’t but just curious
Equimax also contains Ivermectin which kills different types of roundworms in horses, cattle etc.
It used to be a very good wormer in poultry by eliminating roundworms as well as poultry mites. As a matter of fact it was mainly used in poultry as a miteacide rather than it's main function as a wormer. Unfortunately poultry worms and mites have built resistance to the product over the years and is ineffective in treating poultry worms and mites.
I used to use Ivermectin as a wormer, until my birds were reinfected with large roundworms a month after using it.
Stick with the fenbendazole to treat for roundworms.

Treat for the tapeworms first. Then wait one month and use your fenbendazole.

Equimax also contains Ivermectin which kills different types of roundworms in horses, cattle etc.
It used to be a very good wormer in poultry by eliminating roundworms as well as poultry mites. As a matter of fact it was mainly used in poultry as a miteacide rather than it's main function as a wormer. Unfortunately poultry worms and mites have built resistance to the product over the years and is ineffective in treating poultry worms and mites.
I used to use Ivermectin as a wormer, until my birds were reinfected with large roundworms a month after using it.
Stick with the fenbendazole to treat for roundworms.
Ok so just use the wormer5x for roundworms and equine paste for tapes then?

Back
Top Bottom