Worming a sick bird

Rottie6868

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2020
Is it safe to administer 2 types of wormers at the same exact time in an adult peahen? I want to administer .5cc injectable ivermectin as a drench down the throat and also give 1cc of safeguard goat 10%.

This week Sunday and Monday I gave 1cc of safeguard down her throat.
She is still not feeling well she is eating and drinking very little. I am repeating Cipro, today is day 3 of 3 so today is her last dose.

She has also injured her small toe when we tried to catch her and now she has stopped roosting. Should I try to split this toe using tape?
Thank you

There is no reason to use Ivermec unless you think she has lice. You should give her at least two ml of Safeguard and then repeat in ten days to get rid of round and cecal worms. To kill the other types of worms you need to give for five days and another five days ten days later.

Ivemec is not a wormer which I thought it was also.I got some stuff called wormazole which treats worms.Just search wormazole and see where you can get it
In N.H.,Tony.

I was just if you can worm during laying season for peahens? I have one that is looking/feeling skinny to me and I had previously given ivermectin in april for roundworms, but I'm wondering if she has another type of worm and if it is okay to go ahead and worm her with safeguard for goats? Also if you can go ahead and worm, how many days in a row should you give it to them to make sure everything is dead?

I was just if you can worm during laying season for peahens? I have one that is looking/feeling skinny to me and I had previously given ivermectin in april for roundworms, but I'm wondering if she has another type of worm and if it is okay to go ahead and worm her with safeguard for goats? Also if you can go ahead and worm, how many days in a row should you give it to them to make sure everything is dead?
Yes you can use Safeguard during the laying season. For directions see my post above.

Back
Top Bottom