worming chickens

Some people use some form of ivermectin. Usually pour on or the injection mixed in water. Ivermectin is expensive as it's for cattle and usually comes in large quantities. Unless you have a large flock to treat, this can be a painful expense as you use so little of it. It stores for up to two years some previous posters have mentioned.

Someone also mentioned wazine once, but I think that only treats roundworms. Ivermectin will also treat mites and lice, or so I've read. I have yet to find a good poultry wormer.
he.gif

Some people use some form of ivermectin. Usually pour on or the injection mixed in water. Ivermectin is expensive as it's for cattle and usually comes in large quantities. Unless you have a large flock to treat, this can be a painful expense as you use so little of it. It stores for up to two years some previous posters have mentioned.

Someone also mentioned wazine once, but I think that only treats roundworms. Ivermectin will also treat mites and lice, or so I've read. I have yet to find a good poultry wormer.
he.gif

Valbazen.

Well its funny you say ivermectin as I've just dosed my hens with it to get rid of mites. Had no idea I was worming at the same time so that's good I can tick that box as well :)

I got mine from the vets and they just sold me some in a little prescription bottle. Maybe a cheaper way to do it if you don't want to buy a whole bottle.

Back
Top Bottom