1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WORMING CHICKENS

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LOMAX FARMS, Jan 13, 2014.

1. LOMAX FARMS

LOMAX FARMS Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2013
    IVE HAD CHICKENS ABOUT 1 YEAR NOW U HEAR OF PEOPLE WORMING THERE CHICKENS I KNOW WHEN I WAS A KID U NEVER HERD OF ANYBODY WORMING CHICKENS WITH NO SIGNS AND IF U DO WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD NATURAL WAY TO DO SO.THANKS

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    I wouldn't worm them unless you see signs or symptoms of worms....as in worms in poop, pale combs, weight loss, diarrhea, general malaise, deaths, etc...

If you are really concerned about worms and think they may have them, you can always take a poop sample to the vet for a look see.

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I can get away with that, but most people won't notice any signs until their birds are on deaths door. I say worm, especially if you have valuable birds.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by