WORMING HELP!!!

hali74

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 13, 2013
I'm using flubenvet to worm my girls they've been dropping really smelly brown poop and the other day I noticed a few white cotton like strings in it... WORMS!! I panicked as every mum would when their girls are ill...

So this is my second day using flubenvet and I've noticed A LOT more worms in their droppings ... Does that mean they're more infested or the medicines getting the worms out their system?

Thank you

I think it is due to the dewormer causing the worms to purge from the intestinal tract. I have not used Flubenvet, but it is common to see more worms in the poop immediately after giving a dewormer. Do you have to use Flubenvet for a few more days? Or was it a 2-day treatment?

I think it is due to the dewormer causing the worms to purge from the intestinal tract. I have not used Flubenvet, but it is common to see more worms in the poop immediately after giving a  dewormer. Do you have to use Flubenvet for a few more days? Or was it a 2-day treatment?

Thanks for the reply! I'm thinkin the same as you! It's a seven day treatment which I'm gna follow up and do it again in three weeks to ensure worm eggs haven't hatched in my girls..they've lost soo much weight but refuse to eat their pellets! Which is saddening :(

The increase in worms in the droppings is normal. Any worms that you see are probably the dead or dying worms that are being flushed out of the bird's system by the wormer. The amount of worms in the droppingsshould gradually decrease as the wormer finishes clearing the digestive/intestinal tract. Make sure to feed them some quality, nutritious food, and vitamins, to build back their weight and strength after the worming.

The worms that you are seeing in the droppings are because of the dewormer. Nothing really to worry about, though it does show you how much of an infestation your birds had.
smile.png

Thanks @BantamLover21!!

Is there anything you recommend? When shall I clean out their coop whilst I deworm them?

Is there anything you suggest I feed them in the mean time as they don't touch their pellets?

They're thankfully eating their oats.. I'm getting them wheat and barley and mixed maize

Thanks again

The increase in worms in the droppings is normal. Any worms that you see are probably the dead or dying worms that are being flushed out of the bird's system by the wormer. The amount of worms in the droppingsshould gradually decrease as the wormer finishes clearing the digestive/intestinal tract. Make sure to feed them some quality, nutritious food, and vitamins, to build back their weight and strength after the worming.

The worms that you are seeing in the droppings are because of the dewormer. Nothing really to worry about, though it does show you how much of an infestation your birds had. :)

Thanks guys anything you's recommend I feed them to gain their weight again?

I've been feeding them cottage cheese a lot and oats

I've bought some multi vitamins too

I would have to see about them gaining weight again, but when the wormer is done and they're all cured, they'll start eating normally again and will probably gain to their healthy weight. The wormer is probably putting them off-balance ( I guess that is a way to put it) but they'll go back to normal. If they don't gain proper weight again, include proteins and other nutrients to help.

I would have to see about them gaining weight again, but when the wormer is done and they're all cured, they'll start eating normally again and will probably gain to their healthy weight. The wormer is probably putting them off-balance ( I guess that is a way to put it) but they'll go back to normal. If they don't gain proper weight again, include proteins and other nutrients to help.

Sound advice :)

They've never been really interested in their pellets but thankfully they've been laying well.. Just waiting for them to stop as winters kicked in.

Most hens like sunflower seeds mine don't touch them :/

I'm scared they're gna die off starvation!

Shall I also clean their coop out every day until I know the infections cleared?

Back
Top Bottom