Worming my flock... how long til I can eat my egggs again???

Chickiemom1012

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Denmark
Hello-

I am worming my flock, three day anibiotoc, then three weeks later three more day treatment. How long do I need to wait until I can eat the eggs again. I only have one hen laying now but there are others that are close to laying soon.

Hi,
Don't know what you used but there is a good post on this sight that said if you used Wazine first then wait 2 weeks then treat with Ivermectin. and 2 weeks after that the eggs should be OK. Wed is the last of 28 days for us and I'm so glad I had to buy store bought eggs this week and they look sick. Good luck with your chicks. don't forget to give them yogurt and oats or other immune builders to give them a boost as worming can be hard on there system.; this was also in the post. My daughter is trying the pumpkin herbal wormer that was in the backyard Poultry Oct Nov. issue

Wazine only gets 1 type of worm, Ivermectin is all that would be needed as it will get them all. The only trouble is you must be very careful with Ivermcetin as it is a cattle wormer and heartworm treatment and is very potent, overdoses are very easy with it ( 1 or 2 drops is all my vet recommends for 80lb dogs!) and it can do severe damage to the liver in these small animals. Safe guard is a much safer method and kills just about everything they can get. But they both work just fine, but be very careful with the dosage and dont over do it, would not recomend Ivermectin to someone new at it, but that's just me, tons of folks do use it.

Thanks for all the advice. I am also doing the herbal wormer for my flock from Backyard Poultry magazine also. But my vet suggested a wormer for the flock

Back
Top Bottom