Worming quail?

CovidtimeQuail

Highly quailified
Nov 28, 2020
Honolulu, HI
I was cleaning out a carrier and found creepy-crawlies in the bird poo. These were about 1/2 cm long and very white, more like maggots than worms.
Do I need to worm my quail? (They live on the ground) and if so, with what and how often?

I was cleaning out a carrier and found creepy-crawlies in the bird poo. These were about 1/2 cm long and very white, more like maggots than worms.
Do I need to worm my quail? (They live on the ground) and if so, with what and how often?
This might sound weird but... a photo might help. If they have worms than obviously don’t leave it untreated. There are certain quail wormers and they should say the intake of their product and for what time they’d need it.
411D7B32-5EED-447A-A5E3-E5396B4C7179.png

Not sure what supplies there are in your area though. Good luck and update us on this. :)

This might sound weird but... a photo might help. If they have worms than obviously don’t leave it untreated. There are certain quail wormers and they should say the intake of their product and for what time they’d need it.
View attachment 2469434
Not sure what supplies there are in your area though. Good luck and update us on this. :)
If I see the critters again, I'll take a picture. I'm thinking though, that perhaps it didn't come out of the bird but as attracted to the poop. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom