Worming with Safeguard

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by presley, Aug 14, 2011.

1. presley

presley Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    I am directing this post to Dawg53, I believe it was him who posted that you worm with either Safeguard or Valbazen? We saw tiny worms in the poop today, have no idea which chicken. Only one place around here was open and the Valbazen they had was out of date, so got the Safe guard paste. Pea size amount, right? Re-dose in 10 days, no eggs for 24 days. Correct? Now, as a preventative you said you do that 3 or was it 4 times a year? And when you do it then do you re-dose the 2nd time? Sorry for all the questions, we've only had chickens about 6 weeks now, and I think we messed up by adding more a couple weeks ago. This weekend we did a complete overhaul of their barn/coop, cleaned it out , built new nesting boxes and cleared away some unnecessary boards where poop was collecting. It has been extremely hot down here and have lost 2 chickens already, so we rigged a fan up. They also have a huge fenced in pasture to play in all day with lots of shaded areas. Anyway just wanted to be sure on the worming schedule. Thanks:)

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by