Worming

Samarkfifijoelynn

In the Brooder
Jan 19, 2022
I gave my peacock who is 2 years old 3.5ml ivermectin. And antibiotics for two days as he was not well from what I believe to be worms. He was great after it. Eating drinking running around poo was solid... Now today his poo is watery again and I'm at a loss. Should I give him more Ivermectin and antibiotics... Or a different wormer. Please help. I don't know what to do.

Ivermec is a poor choice for de-worming peas, better choices are Safeguard or Valbazen. 3.0 ml for an adult cock, 2.0ml for an adult hen, and 1.0 for a current year hatch bird. Once will get round and cecal worms, to get all types of worms you need to give it for five days. Your problem may not be worms but if you can get a fecal exam done you will know what to treat. When using an antibiotic you need to do at least three to five days to be effective. Also, when de-worming you need to do a follow-up dosing ten to fourteen days later to get the worms that hatch out after the first dose.

Ivermec is a poor choice for de-worming peas, better choices are Safeguard or Valbazen. 3.0 ml for an adult cock, 2.0ml for an adult hen, and 1.0 for a current year hatch bird. Once will get round and cecal worms, to get all types of worms you need to give it for five days. Your problem may not be worms but if you can get a fecal exam done you will know what to treat. When using an antibiotic you need to do at least three to five days to be effective. Also, when de-worming you need to do a follow-up dosing ten to fourteen days later to get the worms that hatch out after the first dose.
Great info. Thanks for that.. GOD bless 🙏

I have read that some people recommend using wazen before using valbazen... What is your thoughts on this?

Can't get my hands on valbazen or wazen... My farm supply shop in our town all they have is tramizol.... How much would you give a just under 3kg peacock

I have read that some people recommend wazine before using valbazen..... What is your thoughts on this?
Wazine is only effective on roundworms, nothing else so what is the point of using it at all? When you use Safeguard or Valbazen they will get all types of worms when used as a five day treatment, then repeat after ten days.

Back
Top Bottom