Worms...AGAIN. Please help...I dont know what I can use now!

Kathy, stick with what you're using. It's a sales persons job to sell their product and will say anything to get you to buy their product. Anyone that tells me that DE is an effective wormer or even hints at it being an effective wormer...it's time to walk the other way. Safeguard and valbazen are very safe wormers and arnt expensive and have up to 3 year expiration dates...more bang for the buck. Safeguard kills all worms except tapeworms, Valbazen kills all known worms that chickens can get including flukes. We have hundreds of BYC'ers that can verify the effectiveness of these wormers.

Kathy, stick with what you're using. It's a sales persons job to sell their product and will say anything to get you to buy their product. Anyone that tells me that DE is an effective wormer or even hints at it being an effective wormer...it's time to walk the other way. Safeguard and valbazen are very safe wormers and arnt expensive and have up to 3 year expiration dates...more bang for the buck. Safeguard kills all worms except tapeworms, Valbazen kills all known worms that chickens can get including flukes. We have hundreds of BYC'ers that can verify the effectiveness of these wormers.
I will stick with it knowing that I can very safely treat even the sickest of birds with it. I also know that wormers like Safeguard (fenbendazole) can be used on any age bird and with almost every drug that one might use in poultry.

If for some reason I decide that I want or need a combo I will buy the Medi-Worm and TriFen Plus.

-Kathy

Edited to correct typo

Last edited:
Please keep it civil here people. I have cleaned up this thread and hope you will all cooperate from here on out.

Thank you,

-Staff

When did I ever say DE is an effective wormer? It has it's place, it does lacerate and injure worms but not kill or dislodge them, It can be a weapon in an arsenal of other things to keep on top of internal parasites.

Last edited:
@dawg53 , where is that link or picture I posted about albendazole and flukes? Was albendazole the only effective treatment for them?

-Kathy

Last edited:
Since I posted the fenbendazole dosage for dogs, I thought I should include the rest
big_smile.png
. If anyone wants to see the drug interaction, warnings references, etc, let me know and I'll post those, too.

I will stick with it knowing that I can very safely treat even the sickest of birds with it. I also know that wormers like Safeguard (fenbendazole) can be used on any age bird and with almost every drug that one might use in poultry.

If for some reason I decide that I want or need a combo I will buy the Medi-Worm and TriFen Plus.

-Kathy
This what I've been using this year:
Each tablet contains:
18 mg fenbendazole.
Albendazole 24 mg.
Excipient c.b.p. 1 tablet.
Dosage: 1 tab for birds 1500-300g (3.3 lbs-6.6 lbs)
Specially designed for: chickens, ornamental birds, turkeys, pigeons, pheasants, guinea fowl, ostrich chicks, combat and wild birds.
GALLIVERM-SUPER in its formula has two benzimidazoles possessing broad spectrum, high safety and effectiveness in combating and preventing parasite infestations such as:. Ascaridia spp, Heterakis gallinarum, Capillaria spp, ingluvicola Gongylonema, Cheilospirura spp.. Hymenolepis spp., Syngamus trachea and Trichinella.
GALLIVERM-SUPER acts on eggs, larvae and adult worms of gastrointestinal and pulmonary nematodes, also acts on tapeworms.

Last edited:
Still there is nothing on the market as effective as Worm Eradicator or that has the combination of chemicals that Worm Eradicator has in it.
With whats in the capsules it's impossible for it not to do what it's claimed to do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom