worm's and small egg

stokes

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 8, 2014
Waterford Ireland
Just started to give my chickens acv their about 2 wks ago because I heard it helps with worms. Before this I was given them garlic in their water as well everything was grand everyone was heathy. Still have the new chick seperated from the rest. This lunch time when I went out to collect the egg I got a very small egg from my very large chicken usually her eggs are nice and large and speckled

It won,t even fit an egg cup. But when I was cleaning their poo from my patio because the roam around freely I notice that one of their droppings had very small worms about the size of a mm like they just hatch. I,m wondering is this to do with the egg been so small and also the acv clearing their digestive system? I know I have to worm them now they look OK

I,m wondering is this to do with the egg been so small and also the acv clearing their digestive system? I know I have to worm them now they look OK

Yes, it's possible it's due to your worming efforts. Cayenne is another good wormer to use, chooks love hot stuff but their worms don't. It's easy to give it to them once a month, before the full moon when the parasites move into the intestines to reproduce; you can put cayenne on something like wholemeal bread with yoghurt or cold pressed olive oil to help bind it to the bread (while also being healthy for them).

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom