worm's and small egg

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by stokes, Oct 1, 2014.

1. stokes

stokes Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2014
    Waterford Ireland
    Just started to give my chickens acv their about 2 wks ago because I heard it helps with worms. Before this I was given them garlic in their water as well everything was grand everyone was heathy. Still have the new chick seperated from the rest. This lunch time when I went out to collect the egg I got a very small egg from my very large chicken usually her eggs are nice and large and speckled[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It won,t even fit an egg cup. But when I was cleaning their poo from my patio because the roam around freely I notice that one of their droppings had very small worms about the size of a mm like they just hatch. I,m wondering is this to do with the egg been so small and also the acv clearing their digestive system? I know I have to worm them now they look OK

2. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Yes, it's possible it's due to your worming efforts. Cayenne is another good wormer to use, chooks love hot stuff but their worms don't. It's easy to give it to them once a month, before the full moon when the parasites move into the intestines to reproduce; you can put cayenne on something like wholemeal bread with yoghurt or cold pressed olive oil to help bind it to the bread (while also being healthy for them).

Best wishes.

1 person likes this.
  3. stokes

Jul 8, 2014
    Waterford Ireland
    Thanks for that I,l try anything to have healthy girls.I love having them around and so do the kids

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  5. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    They're quite interesting animals for sure. Best wishes with them.

6. stokes

Jul 8, 2014
    Waterford Ireland
    I never heard of fart eggs. My kids thought this was so funny. She laid grand today[​IMG]I think I might save it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by