Worms in feces, graphic and horrible picture

I found a worm in my seabrite pin yesterday.It was 3in.and very skinny.the head and tail came to a curved point. In the middle of the worm was a thick piece. Like an earthworm but much smaller and skinnier. Confused about what worm this is and how to treat it?? this is the first time I have ever found any type of worm in any of my chickens. I have been raising chickens for over 2 years now. if anyone knows what type of worm that is please respond so I have more information on what medications to get. Thank you very much

I found a worm in my seabrite pin yesterday.It was 3in.and very skinny.the head and tail came to a curved point. In the middle of the worm was a thick piece. Like an earthworm but much smaller and skinnier. Confused about what worm this is and how to treat it?? this is the first time I have ever found any type of worm in any of my chickens. I have been raising chickens for over 2 years now. if anyone knows what type of worm that is please respond so I have more information on what medications to get. Thank you very much

What color was the worm?

What color was the worm?

it was about 3 inches and it was an opaque white. But looked like it was in a somewhat bloody/watery BM...Very thin other than the middle of the worm. The middle had a thick pink part that was maybe a 1/2in. The head and tail came to more of a point. The only info I can find is that it resembles a round worm.

Do tapeworms in chickens cause humans who are consuming the chicken eggs to get tapeworms too? My birds have had this problem for a LONG time! We have de-wormed (and repeated) with a few things that have not been effective. We withheld eggs and began eating them again after the designated time but I am still seeing their poop littered with these little devils! Anyway, off to buy albendazole but does this mean that my family and I have also got these little ickies inside of us? Please help!

Do tapeworms in chickens cause humans who are consuming the chicken eggs to get tapeworms too? My birds have had this problem for a LONG time! We have de-wormed (and repeated) with a few things that have not been effective. We withheld eggs and began eating them again after the designated time but I am still seeing their poop littered with these little devils! Anyway, off to buy albendazole but does this mean that my family and I have also got these little ickies inside of us? Please help!
Welcome to BYC, and the answer is no. The egg withdrawal time for albendazole or Valbazen is 14 days after the last dose. Dosage is 1/2 ml orally to each bird, and repeated in 10 days.

hi, i have noticed the same in my flocks poop, (good picture btw) by us we use Wazine17, they are on day 8 of 14 and noticed nearly nothing in their poop, although on day 1 and 2 i had a chicken die, 1 each day-egg production is picking up, i have 60 chickens (3 are roos).and got 15 eggs on 1-5-17, chicken vets by us are non existent so i rely on personal experience from chicken sites and use common sense and judgments.

hi, i have noticed the same in my flocks poop, (good picture btw) by us we use Wazine17, they are on day 8 of 14 and noticed nearly nothing in their poop, although on day 1 and 2 i had a chicken die, 1 each day-egg production is picking up, i have 60 chickens (3 are roos).and got 15 eggs on 1-5-17, chicken vets by us are non existent so i rely on personal experience from chicken sites and use common sense and judgments.

Welcome to BYC! Sorry for your losses.

-Kathy

Do you mean that you are treating with Wazine for 14 days, or do you mean you are 8 days since your treatment. Just asking, since Wazine should be used for 1 day or 24 hours. Sorry if I misunderstood. Here is the manufacturer's label:

Wazine 17
For best results, remove water in the evening (except during hot weather). Then, early the next morning, begin water medicated with Wazine-17. Provide medicated water only, distributed in waterers sufficient in number so that all birds or animals have access to water. The medicated water should be consumed in 1 day or less. Worming every 30 days is necessary to break the large roundworm life cycle.

CHICKENS - 4 to 6 weeks of age: for each 100 birds, use 1 fluid ounce (30 ml) of Wazine-17 in 1 U.S. gallon (3.8 liters) of drinking water.
Over 6 weeks of age: for each 100 birds, use 2 fluid ounces (60 ml) of Wazine-17 in 2 U.S. gallons (7.6 liters) of drinking water.
Treat broilers at 4 weeks of age and thereafter at 30 days, or as needed. Treat replacement pullets at 8, 12, and 16 weeks of age.

Do you mean that you are treating with Wazine for 14 days, or do you mean you are 8 days since your treatment. Just asking, since Wazine should be used for 1 day or 24 hours. Sorry if I misunderstood. Here is the manufacturer's label: Wazine 17
For best results, remove water in the evening (except during hot weather). Then, early the next morning, begin water medicated with Wazine-17. Provide medicated water only, distributed in waterers sufficient in number so that all birds or animals have access to water. The medicated water should be consumed in 1 day or less. Worming every 30 days is necessary to break the large roundworm life cycle.

CHICKENS - 4 to 6 weeks of age: for each 100 birds, use 1 fluid ounce (30 ml) of Wazine-17 in 1 U.S. gallon (3.8 liters) of drinking water.
Over 6 weeks of age: for each 100 birds, use 2 fluid ounces (60 ml) of Wazine-17 in 2 U.S. gallons (7.6 liters) of drinking water.
Treat broilers at 4 weeks of age and thereafter at 30 days, or as needed. Treat replacement pullets at 8, 12, and 16 weeks of age.
Yes Initial dose 8 days ago..

Back
Top Bottom