Worms in feces, graphic and horrible picture

x2
ACV is great for health- people and chickens, but is not useful for preventing or treating worms other than it promotes a healthy GI tract. I suppose it might help the chicken better tolerate the worms that it has....

Quote:
I use cider vinegar in their water daily for its great qualities such as helping the chickens system properly absorb calcium and keeping PH in balance. However, I can assure you that cider vinegar doesnt keep your chickens from getting worms.

Well, nothing to report yet. I gave them Valbazen on Tuesday. I guess I expected to see some adult worms. Should I? Anyway, what I'll do is dose them with DE and AC vinegar in the next day or two and see if I can find anymore of this in their poops. Other than that, they seem happy and healthy. I gave them a good dusting of poultry dust and sprayed on some Scarlet Oil for the leg mites. They're not happy when I'm doing it but I think they are happy with the results.
big_smile.png

Quote:
You may or may not see worms in their poop. Most of the time they are absorbed as protein. DE and vinegar are ineffective against worms. DE is useless when wet, inside the chickens' system...it's wet.

Quote:
When worming your chickens, how soon can you start collecting eggs again for consumption?

Fourteen days is normally the recommended withdrawal time for valbazen as is for most wormers.

Back
Top Bottom