worms or cocci?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by artsyrobin, Mar 1, 2012.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    ok, i have a hen in the tub right now, have been treating her for cocci, diahreah, lethargic and thin- but since she isn't responding is it possibly worms? dark almost fudge colored poop... i am desperate, she is getting weak

2. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    How did her symptoms start and progress?

3. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    started out with a pale comb, then she started getting slow, lethargic, diahreah- dark brown and sometimes green, i assumed cocci, so i isolated her and put her on corvid moday, but there hasn't been alot of improvement

4. Robin, I have a hen with the exact same stuff. It has been a few months going on. She is really gotten skinny. pale, lethargic, etc. I wormed her as well. nothing. I got Cocci treatment from the vet (Albon) fed scrambled eggs, fed, eletrolytes,etc. She seemed to get better after a week. Then she started to go down hill from there again this week. I was thinking about another treatment and saw the Corid stuff. It has not helped you at all? I am stumped as well.

Dee

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    ok, update on spice, she seems better today, what i did yesterday was to put some oxine in a vaporizor, and gave her a sauna most of the morning- she was really going downhill, put electrolytes and duramycin in her water- she was much improved today, to arguing with me- here are a link on oxine- dee- i am really clueless- but this seems to help

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...s-users-please-share-usage-dosage-storage-etc

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by