worms or cocci?

artsyrobin

Artful Wings
15 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Muskogee OK
ok, i have a hen in the tub right now, have been treating her for cocci, diahreah, lethargic and thin- but since she isn't responding is it possibly worms? dark almost fudge colored poop... i am desperate, she is getting weak

started out with a pale comb, then she started getting slow, lethargic, diahreah- dark brown and sometimes green, i assumed cocci, so i isolated her and put her on corvid moday, but there hasn't been alot of improvement

Robin, I have a hen with the exact same stuff. It has been a few months going on. She is really gotten skinny. pale, lethargic, etc. I wormed her as well. nothing. I got Cocci treatment from the vet (Albon) fed scrambled eggs, fed, eletrolytes,etc. She seemed to get better after a week. Then she started to go down hill from there again this week. I was thinking about another treatment and saw the Corid stuff. It has not helped you at all? I am stumped as well.

Dee

Last edited:
ok, update on spice, she seems better today, what i did yesterday was to put some oxine in a vaporizor, and gave her a sauna most of the morning- she was really going downhill, put electrolytes and duramycin in her water- she was much improved today, to arguing with me- here are a link on oxine- dee- i am really clueless- but this seems to help

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...s-users-please-share-usage-dosage-storage-etc

Back
Top Bottom