worms? Pics added

IMG_5047.jpg
IMG_5046.jpg

Those are tapeworm segments. You'll need to purchase Equimax equine paste at a feed store to treat them.
You'll need only to treat the infected chicken(s) that excreted/excrete the tapeworm segments.

Is it bad to treat all? I have no idea which ones have them or not. I have 13 birds lol And what is the egg withdrawl? Does this paste have directions for poultry on them?

Here's the dosage for Equimax, post #1 in this link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...rms-under-construction.1220309/#post-19519143
Valbazen can be used; however it requires higher doses, multiple days of withholding feed and repeated dosings through my personal experience. IMO I suspect valbazen is losing its effectiveness against tapeworms, but it is very effective eliminating any types of roundworms or flukes.
I have used both Equimax and Zimecterin Gold equine pastes to treat tapeworms at different times. I dose infected birds once, then again 10 days later...no more tapeworms unless there's reinfection.
Reinfection occurs when a chicken eats an infected insect. It's tough to prevent chickens from eating insects, that's what they do. Keep in mind that not all insects will be infected with tapeworm eggs.
Now is the time to treat your hens with the Equimax to prevent the continuing tapeworms lifecycle.

Those are tapeworm segments. You'll need to purchase Equimax equine paste at a feed store to treat them.
You'll need only to treat the infected chicken(s) that excreted/excrete the tapeworm segments.

Hi Dawg
Im wondering if you might be able to answer this one as well. My silkie is 4/5 years old. Recently had an impacted nase which we sorted out a few months ago. This must've weakened her immune system as it took a while for her to bounce back. However, she hasn't returned to laying. Recently I've noticed some weird worm like forms in her poop (in the coop under the section of the roost she tends to occupy). They appear to be either brown or white and are firmer than the surrounding poop. Worms? or something she's eating? or something else?

Attachments

• IMG_2091.jpg
    IMG_2091.jpg
    866.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2096.jpg
    IMG_2096.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2094.jpg
    IMG_2094.jpg