Worms? *poop pics*

Quote:
1 ounce of Wazine per gallon of water. Put it out before they wake up and dump it out in the evening for one day. If they suck it all down during the day, just fill the bucket back up with regular water. Should be safe for anything 4 weeks and older when it comes to chickens. I wouldn't treat the dog water. Perhaps you can move the dog's supply to a location the dog can reach but the chickens can't?

The pastes usually have the advantage of being more broad in what they get rid of. You could just go the paste routine. Do a search here for Valbazen and Safeguard. I use Strongid for horses. Just a small dab on a piece of bread works. Mine actually prefer a dab on an unsalted popcorn kernel but they are spoiled rotten.

Either way you do it, do NOT eat the eggs for 14 days (boil 'em up and feed 'em to the dog). The medicine can make it's way to the egg and this way you don't introduce something to your system that may cause a problem while, other than killing worms, doesn't harm the birds or dog. The same if you process for freezer camp, wait two-three weeks after treatment.

Good luck with it and let us know if it helps!

do not use wazine it will only kill one worm...... go get some valbazen and use it I learned my lesson on wazine.. worm the whole flock and in ten days worm again. it is a little expensive but works on all worms and a bottle will last a long time it only takes a quarter of a cc on bants and one half cc on large birds. you will notice a big difference in your flock...........

I think I had read something regarding treating with something else before using Valbazen & such because Valbazen gets rid of so much at one time, that it might be best to treat with Wazine or something first to get rid of some of the worm load first. I mean, is it ok to ONLY treat with Valbazen or do they need something else first?

Also, do they need vitamins and/or probiotics after treatment? If so, when to start that & what is recommended & how much?

Quote:
So, is the Valbazen liquid or paste? How do I give it? In water? On a piece of bread or something? Each individual bird?

Sorry for so many questions...just want to make sure I do the right thing & have healthy, happy birds.

Valbazen is one that is safe to use first (or alone, really) because the action is gradual. There is another one, or other ones, that can cause blockages of dead worms, but I don't know which they are.

Some probiotic afterward is probably a good idea, from the feed store or use buttermilk, though I don't think it's necessary.

There is more info about all this in the link I gave above.

I have around 100 bantys and I used wazine and was advised it would only kill one worm.. I treated all mine with valbazen and it took care of every worm they had I never use anything else. all I do is make sure they have fresh water and never had a problem.

Quote:
Like I mentioned I've never wormed mine but how in the world does this stuff only kill one worm & not all of them. How do they get away with selling it if it only kills one worm. This doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom