Worms & Respiratory Disease - Rooster Booster Worked!!!

interesting...I looked it up and there are different forms of this. Did you use liquid, powder, or something else? I'd be interested to have this on hand. Thanks!!!

I recently purchased RB multi-wormer and would like to revive this thread to see if anyone else has used this and what their experience has been. Dospuercos used it for 5 days, and since I have found no length of time for usage, I'll do the same once I start it. I'm switching from crumbles to pellets so the wormer pellets won't be singled out and left of gobbled down. I assume a repeat is necessary to catch eggs hatching. Has anyone else bought this and used it? I'd love to hear your experiences. Thanks!

I recently purchased RB multi-wormer and would like to revive this thread to see if anyone else has used this and what their experience has been. Dospuercos used it for 5 days, and since I have found no length of time for usage, I'll do the same once I start it. I'm switching from crumbles to pellets so the wormer pellets won't be singled out and left of gobbled down. I assume a repeat is necessary to catch eggs hatching. Has anyone else bought this and used it? I'd love to hear your experiences. Thanks!
I just saw this in our local farm store for the first time today. Would also like to know others experiences with it. I did not buy any as the label did not specify how long to give. After doing some basic research online, Jeffers that sells it says use for 5 days in their feed. Supposed to have been used as an FDA approved poultry wormer for years (the hygromycin B in it) approved for laying hens and 3 day withdrawal time for slaughter. Wonder why I have never heard of/seen this before???? Also wondering if it is safe for young chickens, I run a multi-age flock and they all feed at the same stations??

Any updates from the recent posts on this? I just bought some today and plan to feed it to my layers for five days or so, as I have found what appears to be worms in their poop. There are small white larvae-like spots in the poop, not actual worms. But definitely not normal. We have had a month of more rain than we typically see in a year so heaven only knows what has popped up here in eastern Colorado!

Also, I confirmed online that you can eat the eggs while they are on this.

I will let you know how things turn out. Would love to hear from others on this.

Any updates from the recent posts on this? I just bought some today and plan to feed it to my layers for five days or so, as I have found what appears to be worms in their poop. There are small white larvae-like spots in the poop, not actual worms. But definitely not normal. We have had a month of more rain than we typically see in a year so heaven only knows what has popped up here in eastern Colorado!

Also, I confirmed online that you can eat the eggs while they are on this.

I will let you know how things turn out. Would love to hear from others on this.
Is this what you're seeing?

Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing!!!! Any idea what that is?????
Those are tapeworm segments. Do the following: Purchase Zimectrin Gold equine paste wormer. Withhold feed from your chickens for 24 hours. It's ok for them to drink water. After 24 hours are up, give a "pea" size amount of the z-gold paste orally to each chicken. They'll wipe their beaks on the ground afterwards, that's normal. Give them their feed a few hours after dosing them. Redose them again in 10 days with the same amount and dont forget to withhold their feed 24 hours prior to worming them, just like before. There's a 14 day egg withdrawal after the last dosing. You can give the eggs to your dogs to eat if you wish, but not your chickens.
If you wish, you can put the paste on a small piece of bread and give the treated bread to one chicken at a time. It's best to seperate them doing it in this manner because they'll try stealing the treated bread from each other, you dont want to overdose any of your birds.

Thank you so much!!!!

You mention a 14-day egg withdrawal after the second dosing, should we be consuming their eggs currently? Or not at all until 14 days after the second dosing?

Also, why withhold food for 24 hours? To ensure they're hungry? Reason I ask is that my girls are free roamers so perhaps I need to pull their food and keep them penned for a 24 hours?

Sorry for all the questions!! Your help is immensely appreciated!!

Last edited:
Thank you so much!!!!

You mention a 14-day egg withdrawal after the second dosing, should we be consuming their eggs currently? Or not at all until 14 days after the second dosing?

Also, why withhold food for 24 hours? To ensure their hungry? Reason I ask is that my girls are free roamers so perhaps I need to pull their food and keep them penned for a 24 hours?

Sorry for all the questions!! Your help is immensely appreciated!!
Dont eat the eggs AFTER you give them the wormer. It's actually a 24 day withdrawal from start to finish.
Tapeworms are difficult to get rid of, withholding feed for 24 hours will weaken the worms making the wormer more effective in killing the tapeworms. Keeping them penned without feed for 24 hours is exactly what I do when dealing with tapes.

Back
Top Bottom