worms

tazibandit

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 8, 2013
I wormed my chickens with wazine then started seeing tapeworm segments in their poop some were alive then in 2 weeks I wormed them with valbazen and again in 10 days I am still seeing tapeworms segments in their poop is this normal or do they need more worming

Welcome!

Did you worm all of your chickens. I assume so. Boy, I really am not sure. I think that's unusual for you to still be seeing worms. You have used the exact right meds, and the right way.

Will look up a thread for you to post in.

Ask here, there is a guy .. dawg on this thread, maybe he will see there is another post and answer, he really knows his meds for these things. You can also..pm him and ask. He will help you out.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/965393/how-to-worm-chickens

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

It took time for the worms to grow so it is going to take time for them to exit the body so as with anything this is the part where you sit back and wait and if need be follow the directions on the amount of time you need to wait for the seconded dose but remember you are putting poison in to your live stock so be easy .......
smile.png

Welcome to BYC - glad you joined the flock. I'm sorry the only tapeworms I had history with was when I raised dogs. They were wormed (whatever was used in the 70's) and that took care of them. Tapeworm eggs are generally passed along to a dog after he swallows a flea. Fleas are a host for them.

Back
Top Bottom