worms

AnnVT

In the Brooder
Dec 16, 2017
Just wondering how people treat their flock for worms. For a long time, I added vinegar to their water, but I'm not convinced it really helped. I find a worm or two a few times a year, but that's just in what I'm cleaning up in the barn. There must be more. Egg production was down significantly all summer, but we also had a rat problem. And I've seen plenty of watery droppings. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

KatM41

Chirping
Sep 19, 2018
Just gave mine a dewormer and they are on the mend.Money is a bit tight so I gave them the one listed for kittens which I already had in the cabinet. I'm backing it up with garlic, diotamacous earth and a dust pale for bathing. So far so good.

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
My Coop
Just wondering how people treat their flock for worms. For a long time, I added vinegar to their water, but I'm not convinced it really helped. I find a worm or two a few times a year, but that's just in what I'm cleaning up in the barn. There must be more. Egg production was down significantly all summer, but we also had a rat problem. And I've seen plenty of watery droppings. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
I had fecal floats done on mixed samples. Didn't worm because the results said I didn't need to.
Try getting a fecal float done so you know exactly what you are dealing with.

Top Bottom