Worms?

Krazikatlady64

Crowing
Apr 14, 2020
Armenia, SC
20201120_100303[1].jpg

Round worms?
I have only noticed this today when cleaning the poop board. It was 34 degrees this morning and the worms are not moving. This is the only pile I have seen. Not 100% sure which one it was.

I've had cats and dogs with worms and have not seen any signs in the chickens. The girls are 7 months old I have not noticed any unusual signs or symptoms other than my Americauna/Easter Egger has not laid an egg in about a month and was a daily layer. She still files to the top roost. (6')

The cold has them wound up, but nothing abnormal. I assume would need to do the whole flock?

I'll have to find a way to weigh them for proper dosage. I have different breeds.
What's the best way to deworm younger birds? Natural Chemical?

If not worms, what is it? It's not just poo. I'm gonna see if my vet will do a fecal float for me tomorrow. I'll try to get a better photo, but I see white worms on the chickens vent area today. They are 7 months is there any difference in what I would use to worm? Thank you for responding.

If not worms, what is it? It's not just poo. I'm gonna see if my vet will do a fecal float for me tomorrow. I'll try to get a better photo, but I see white worms on the chickens vent area today. They are 7 months is there any difference in what I would use to worm? Thank you for responding.
If you saw worms on the chickens vent area, you better look for fly strike. It sounds like maggots. Keep in mind that even if it's 34 degrees, the vent area is warm and moist.
Pics will help us identify what you're seeing. Thanks!

Thank you for this information. I will check them all thoroughly tomorrow when I can have someone hold them and check the poop boards again in the morning. Hopefully my vet will do the fecal float for me too.

Thank you for this information. I will check them all thoroughly tomorrow when I can have someone hold them and check the poop boards again in the morning. Hopefully my vet will do the fecal float for me too.
Look for maggots on them now, if possible.

View attachment 2418471

Round worms?
I have only noticed this today when cleaning the poop board. It was 34 degrees this morning and the worms are not moving. This is the only pile I have seen. Not 100% sure which one it was.

I've had cats and dogs with worms and have not seen any signs in the chickens. The girls are 7 months old I have not noticed any unusual signs or symptoms other than my Americauna/Easter Egger has not laid an egg in about a month and was a daily layer. She still files to the top roost. (6')

The cold has them wound up, but nothing abnormal. I assume would need to do the whole flock?

I'll have to find a way to weigh them for proper dosage. I have different breeds.
What's the best way to deworm younger birds? Natural Chemical?

I can suggest you Natural dewormer but at first encounter you must give a Medicine Dewormer
Because natural dewormer need 7-10 day time to start expelling the worms or kill them .

Very safe Medicine dewormer is Albendazole Suspension which will help first to expelling all the Adult worms then after second cycle when there's only Eggs last you can adminstrate the Natural Extract.

• Moringa Olifera (Drumstick Extract ) is fantastic natural dewormer ( 1 Tablet in 7 days)

• Oregano Essential Oil / Or Fresh

• Rosemary

• Wormwood

• Garlic

• Ginger

You can give anything natural as they don't have any side effects . But first to expel the adult worms .

Back
Top Bottom