Worms?

It's possible for birds to have different types of worms at the same time. I recommend Valbazen. Dosage is 1/2ml orally to each chicken, repeat in 10-14 days. It will take care of all types of roundworms. Then dose your birds with the Equimax. Dosage is in a previous post. Give one wormer after the other, it wont hurt your birds. I've done it a few times when dealing with tapeworms and other worms.

Worm your birds before letting them out in the morning and withhold their feed for 3 hours after worming them. Water is okay. You want to worm your birds on an empty stomach. Your birds will be hungry and so will the worms, and you'll be feeding them the wormers. The weakened worms will easily die.
Then after 3 hours go ahead and feed your birds but only provide them a small amount of feed. If you dont provide a small amount, they will gorge feed and possibly cause impacted crop or gizzard. Gradually increase their feed back to normal during the rest of the day.

Last edited:
The Equimax has Ivermectin too. Will that work on the roundworms if there are any? I've seen it posted that it might and it might not work on roundworms anymore.

From my experience with Ivermectin, it has lost its effectiveness treating large roundworms in poultry. The problem is that chicken owners have used it primarily to treat mites not realizing its primary purpose is used as a wormer, causing worm resistance in time.
The benzimidazoles are the way to go with any type of roundworms.

Back
Top Bottom