Wormy

Recommendation from Dawg58

valbazen, it slowly kills worms over several days which prevents blockages that cause toxic dead worm overload....1/2cc orally undiluted will get rid of all worms your birds may have, redose again in 10 days. About 3 hours after worming, give your birds probiotics for several days in conjunction with layer feed

Can you give it on their water

I found this
You can mix it 1/2 1/2 with water and put a full ML on a piece of bread and feed to them. This way you don't waste any in the water they don't drink, and you know how much they are getting. And you don't have to handle them while they are moulting and sore.

Ok thanks the bottle I bought is not a injectable bottle it says valbazen on it and is in a bottle like wazine wormer I was told a tablespoon a gallon for 2 days would this be correct or not

Ok thanks the bottle I bought is not a injectable bottle it says valbazen on it and is in a bottle like wazine wormer I was told a tablespoon a gallon for 2 days would this be correct or not

Who told you a Tab per gallon for 2 days? That I can't say for sure about how much per gal of water but I think we should look into it. Having a flock of over 30 means alot of time catching and worming, I did this with safe guard, would much rather mix with water. Also tried using bread but my hens would run up and grab the bread meant for another chicken, it was chaos another bit of info.
Albendazole Valbazen Roundworms, Capillaria, Cecal Worms, Tapeworms. Pretty much all internal parasites in poultry & possibly some worm eggs.

May have effect against Blackhead, Coccidios, & lower form of Canker? Probably the most effective poultry dewormer.
Dose: 1/2 cc. Redose after 10 days.
Does not stay diluted very well in drinking water.
Egg withdrawal needed.

Last edited:
A guy at the feed store told me a tablespoon per gallon for 2 days that's why I asking some one on here

A guy at the feed store told me a tablespoon per gallon for 2 days that's why I asking some one on here
I think Dawg53 would be the expert on this. Lets see if he'll comment. Around here most feed store employees know nothing about caring for poultry so unless they have poultry I wouldn't take their word as fact.

It's not that simple... If you want to de-worm your chickens, the best way would be to do each one orally with a syringe or squirt the Valbazen on a piece of bread. Repeat in ten days.

Non laying hens and roosters drink about 5% of their body weight per day, laying hens drink about 13% and growing chicks drink about 20%. So if you have a mixed flock and put wormer in the water, some will get over medicated and some will get under medicated because they drink different percentages. Make sense?

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom