Wormy

It's not that simple... If you want to de-worm your chickens, the best way would be to do each one orally with a syringe or squirt the Valbazen on a piece of bread. Repeat in ten days.

Non laying hens and roosters drink about 5% of their body weight per day, laying hens drink about 13% and growing chicks drink about 20%. So if you have a mixed flock and put wormer in the water, some will get over medicated and some will get under medicated because they drink different percentages. Make sense?

-Kathy
when I did the bread that did not work out so good, and doing each individual bird was a pain,why can't this be simple.

It's not that simple... If you want to de-worm your chickens, the best way would be to do each one orally with a syringe or squirt the Valbazen on a piece of bread. Repeat in ten days.

Non laying hens and roosters drink about 5% of their body weight per day, laying hens drink about 13% and growing chicks drink about 20%. So if you have a mixed flock and put wormer in the water, some will get over medicated and some will get under medicated because they drink different percentages. Make sense?

-Kathy

when I did the bread that did not work out so good, and doing each individual bird was a pain,why can't this be simple.

Some people put the wormer in a wet mash and feed it that way, but even that is not "simple", lol.

-Kathy

Plogan, the most effective Valbazen dose is no less than 0.18ml per 2.2 pounds (20mg/kg) and the best way is to give it orally from a 1ml needle less syringe. It's a very safe product, so no need to know the exact weights of your birds, just make a guess. For example:

A Rhode Island Red hen weighs about 6 pounds, so she would get 0.5ml
A bantam Cochin hen weighs about 3 pounds, so she would get 0.25ml

-Kathy

I have seen 2 different bottles of valbazen one in a injectable bottle and one is in a bottle with a lid on it which one should I get ?????

Back
Top Bottom