Worried about my button quail...

Roisin

Hatching
10 Years
May 29, 2009
Hello everyone, our pet button quail is 20 months old, and has been perfectly fine and healthy until now.

She usually lays everyday, but has not layed in 4 days. This didn't worry me too much, but she's also not eating right. She's eating very little, we've been giving her her favourite foods and she does not seem interested - which is very unusual for her!

Earlier, she was making a strange noise, difficult to explain, and had puffed all her feathers up and her wings, and was running manicly up and down her cage. When I tried to get her out, she was biting me. She is never normally vicious like this.

Do you think there is anything wrong with her? I'm really worried as I don't know what to do to help, and my dad is away, so he can't help her.

Thank-you for your help.

Well yah it sounds like there is something wrong with her, what it could be I woudnt hazard to guess I have only had buttons and quail for a few weeks so Im new to this , I am shure one of our quail gurus will be on to help soon
Good luck

I thought she might be, but how do I check?

Although she does seem to be eating more now, and behaving normal again, but still no eggs.

I felt around and can't seem to feel anything. She's also started moulting, and she doesn't lay any eggs when she's doing that, so I think she'll be okay.

But her behaviour is still really strange. It's like random outbursts of agression, but then she'll be completely fine again.

Do you think this could just be the heat? Or could it be a sign of something else? And she's still not eating as much as usual :S

Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom