Worried about my egg!

Blueagnew

Hatching
Mar 25, 2018
on day 20, one of the eggs started wobbling and continued to wobble on day 21 but no pip. After late on day 21 and early day 22(today) the egg stopped wobbling and is motionless. Is the chick dead?

No - they wobble as the chick turns in the egg to get into the right position to hatch. They then internally pip and can sit like that for at least 24 hours as they start the process. Then they externally pip and again they can sit like that for an average of 24 hours as they finish absorbing the remaining yolk and the blood that has been running through the membranes. Only when all that is complete will they start to unzip the egg and hatch. So there's no reason to be worrying and I think you will see some action soon. :fl

No - they wobble as the chick turns in the egg to get into the right position to hatch. They then internally pip and can sit like that for at least 24 hours as they start the process. Then they externally pip and again they can sit like that for an average of 24 hours as they finish absorbing the remaining yolk and the blood that has been running through the membranes. Only when all that is complete will they start to unzip the egg and hatch. So there's no reason to be worrying and I think you will see some action soon. :fl
Thank you!! This is my first hatch and I’m a worried mother hen lol

Back
Top Bottom