Worried about pipped egg....

I saw the video. I did exactly what the person in the video did. I zipped around the shell for it, but left the membrane alone. It's not really doing much right now.

Well, you did good, there is not much else you can do but wait. They sometime take a long break after trying hard to get out. I hope it hatches for you soon.
fl.gif

Well, you did good, there is not much else you can do but wait.  They sometime take a long break after trying hard to get out.  I hope it hatches for you soon.:fl

Thanks. Do you think I should do anything with the membrane, or just leave it? And how do I know if the membrane is drying out? Should I wet the membrane?

Ok, update. I had the breeder that I got the D'Uccles from come over, and she peeled the top of the shell off and slowly rolled the membrane back, and the chick was fine. It didn't seem to be stuck or anything, but it just wasn't zipping right for some reason. The breeder left a while ago, and the chick is drying off. But I just noticed that its little toes on the outside of his foot are curled under the rest of the foot...Is it just because he was a little early, or just an issue anyways? And how do I fix it? I think I'm going to leave the chick alone until it's dried off, but I just want to know what's going on. Maybe the thing with his toes is why he couldn't turn? And it's just the toes on the outside of his foot. The others are fine. And it's on both feet.

Back
Top Bottom