Worried about pipped egg....

Here.

Update: Valorie 'Val' is doing fine. It's toes straightened out by themselves. And Val's hatchmate, Gloria, hatched fine with no complications. And Gloria's toes are ok too. They are in a brooder right now and are all adorable. I was surprised that Gloria hatched on the same day as Val. Because Val was about 2 days ahead when they were embryos. Today would be day 21 for Val, so Val hatched on day 20, but it was only day 18 for Gloria. This is all a rough estimate of age, by the way, because they were under a hen I bought and when I took her to my house, she broke. And neither of them looked like they hatched too early, either. They seem completely healthy. I just don't know what colors they are. I'll add pictures in a little bit. But Val is a white/yellow with some reddish-gold on the neck, and Gloria is a blue-ish with a yellow/gold head(more gold though) with a little gold throughout the back. It seems like there's two little lines down the back, but I'm not sure yet. She's still not super fluffy, but she is dry. The colors of possible parents: Roosters- blue mille fleur, blue mottled, and black mottled. The colors of hens are: blue mottled, a buff Colombian-ish(buff with a black tail and a little black mottling in the ends of the wings and by her tail. She might have some black in the feet as well. I'm not sure about her neck though), a splash, a lighter porcelain, and mille fleur.

Back
Top Bottom