Worried about shipped chicks.

Sword

Songster
9 Years
Dec 27, 2010
Mundelein
I ordered 25 chicks from Murray Mcmurray hatchery last fall, and they shipped yesterday. I thought they were going to ship on Monday (which would have been nice because it's going to be warm that day), but I checked the order and they're already in Chicago. So now I'm all flustered and worried over the little guys. I've had chickens for a while now, but this will be the first time I've gotten them in the mail. I'm going to pick them up tomorrow instead of waiting for them to be delivered on Monday. Any tips, advice, or words of reassurance are very much appreciated. I'm really worried about them.

Good choice getting them a day early. My advice would be to have everything ready to go so they can go right into the brooder. Then take each chick and invert it, dunking its beak in the water to get it to know where the water is and to start drinking. Best of luck to you - I think they will be fine as well!

Well their usps tracking information hasn't changed, so I think they're still at an unidentified sorting facility in Chicago. I tried calling my post office to ask if I can pick them up right when they get there, but no one answered. I know they don't do deliveries on Sunday, but I thought they still had people there getting stuff ready for the week. I guess not. On the plus side, a big sorting facility in Chicago probably sees packages of chicks all the time, so hopefully they're okay. This is going to be a long worry-filled day.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom