worried my duckling needs help hatching

beccapenny

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
Texas
This is my first time hatching, my duck has pipped thought the membrane and through the shell and its been almost 24 hours since he broke through the shell. How long will it take for him yo fully hatch and what do I look for if he needs help?

This is my first time hatching, my duck has pipped thought the membrane and through the shell and its been almost 24 hours since he broke through the shell. How long will it take for him yo fully hatch and what do I look for if he needs help?
Lets see if @casportpony or @Lacrystol are on they are experienced with hatching in a bator. In the mean time it can take 24-36 hrs for ducklings to pip and zip they really take their own sweet time. As long as you hear strong peeping then you'll hear quite while it sleeps then strong peeping and working on the shell. Things are probably going along at a good pace. if you notice the membrane going from white to brown and dried looking then the duckling may need some help but you have to be so careful helping too soon can can cause serious problems even death. so lets hope these 2 ladies or someone else experienced in hatching will be here soon to help. I use my hens and ducks for hatching.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...days-ago-but-no-external-pip-yet#post_8686492
mean time

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom