Worried

hollywoodchick

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 21, 2010
I incubated 24 Golden Cuckoo Marans, 2 hatched. First the roo then the girl. He was very alert, she was a bit slow. She pasted up for a moment on day 2, he has never. It seems that today, day 4, she seems ok and he seems a bit quiet/slower. Drinking ok, his weight and all seem perfect. I put up some sugar water/vitamins. tried abit of yougurt, which they dont seem thrilled with. I want to think I am being uber concerned since only two hatched and they are SO CUTE! (ANYONE LOCAL CALIFORNIA WITH EGGS FOR SALE?) What else can I do? Teramyacin in case? hmmm, any suggestions would be appreciated! Oh, also I isolated them from general population for the time being as well. Thanks in advance

I'd hold off on the antibiotics, especially for such young chicks. Just continue to watch them & provide optimal care. Clean warm secure housing; clean water, maybe spiked with a little sugar or vitamin drops; good healthy food for growing, chick crumbles & maybe some chopped scrambled eggs, they shouldn't need more at such a young age. The rest is up to them. If they have enough of the Right Stuff they will thrive, if not, there isn't much more you could have done except bring them to a faith healer.

fl.gif
I pray for your success with them!
fl.gif

Quote:
I agree. You really should not use antibiotics when you are not treating anything, as they will become resistant to the antibiotic, and when you do really need to use ..... then it won't work.

Thanks re Antibiotics, thats what I thought. I hope this is a good sign, I just fed them soft boiled egg yolk, and he wouldnt even let her get near it; he is just gobbling it up! Thanks again for the support! I just LOVE my chickens~!!! Idoubt that any of you understand...
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom