Worst $50 you have ever spent? Best?

Worst? 50.00 an egg
wink.png
, hatching eggs that didn't hatch!!! Live and learn!!!

Best? 50.00 for marriage lic. and the preacher!!! That was 42 years ago, 2 wonderful kids later and 5 adoreable grandkids, so we did something right!
wink.png

Last edited:
Probably NOT the WORST......but certainly NOT "the best".

I was at an Auction of a closed Safeway Supermarket.

They auctioned-off a HUGE steel/concrete safe that went for ONLY $ 50.00. My friend, standing next to me, said: "I wonder WHO the Dummy was who bought that thing?"

"It was me.", I replied.
ep.gif

It took me a full day to move it outside the building. A week later, the Auction Company contacted me to GET IT MOVED !!!

I sold it to someone as dumb as me...and got my $ 50.00 back that way.
thumbsup.gif

THAT THING was HEAVY !!!
th.gif

Ha-Ha !!!
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Best, right now I'm saying it was the Oral Sedation (Halcion) today (and previous times) at the dentist.... beautiful thing.

Worst... hmmm... filling the gas tank up to the tippy top while you have the cash, only to have your car break down the next day and be out of service for a week.

Come to that, anything said in Ironic would do as well.

Quote:
Gee, I wonder if that was the same guy that ripped us off, lol. My worst is also my best at the same time - and it's the same situation!

We wanted some laying hens and didn't know much about any of this so we found a guy on Craigslist who said he had a lot of hens we could buy for $10 a piece. When we called he said he had 100 of them and we could choose what we wanted. When we got there it was this tiny little shed that was maybe 5x5 and we questioned him about how many he'd had in there and he said 'yep, i had 100 of them in there'
th.gif

I felt so bad for those babies that I took 10 of them - 1 a rooster. So, it was actually $100 and while it was my worst because I wished I'd gotten some young and pretty chicks, it's also my best because they've proven to be very nice for our first chickens. None of them were very sick. A little mites that was taken care of quickly and one did have a very frostbitten foot - she lost all her toes on one foot and her entire other foot. I took her because I couldn't stand knowing that she was suffering in there with no one to love her up
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom