WORST unknown mystery predator ever!

kryptoniteqhs

Rosecomb Rich
12 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Norco, CA
Ive had some of the most horrible predator problems anyone can think of the last two days. In a nut shell, I put one down, 4 diappeared, one injured, and one with ripped feathers from the neck. Anyways, the injured one is torn into at the neck, I stitched it up and put vitamins and electrolytes and antibiotics in the water and gave her some stuff (more electrolytes) for the stress. I had a silkie that was so bad (leg completely torn off), I ended up having to put her down before I even gave her any antibiotics or anything because her leg became infested with maggots and then so did I. Anyways I dont know what this is, but I plan on camping out there tonight with my .22
Also whatever got the chick and the ones leg, had to fit through chicken wire, no joke! no other way anything could have gotten in.

we were wondering if it was a mink. the first night, it was 2 silkie hens, a silkie chick, neck feathers off a delaware and a leg off a silkie. the next night (last night) was an injured delaware to the neck and a blrw. the silkie chick, silkie hens and blrw all just disappeared though. anyways ya it really really sucks and im at a loss.

Oh that is terrible.

Raccoons will reach thru the chicken wire, grab whatever they can (neck, leg, wing, feathers) and pull the bird or bird part thru the chicken wire.

Good luck and best wishes for a happy hunting night.

RACOONS will pull pieces of a bird right through wire! Heads, wings, legs...
somad.gif
Any wire not smaller than 1" X 1" is fair game for them.

Sorry for your loss. I have waited up many nights with a 20g. for these vicious killers. Hope you catch it before it strikes again!

OMG!!! That's horrible! I hope you kill that beast!!! Killer! Murderer!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! good luck! keep us updated!
pop.gif

Shooting at night can be very difficult especially using a rifle. I would reccomend a shotgun for a greater chance of killing the predator in lowlight conditions.

I am sorry for your loss, I had a similar situation last year with my 3 turkeys whatever the pred was it got all of them, I had 2 females and 1 male. We could not and still do not know what it was that got them although I suspect it may have been a racoon. I was also thinking a mink because we have a lake and woods, but I talked to a few people and I am not really sure..
hmm.png

well i have canned cat food, golden marlened canned cat food and a can of soda with some golden marlin right outside the trap and two live mice in the trap (in case its a mink). Wish me luck! Its almost dark, so the hunting will start soon!

Back
Top Bottom