worthy preparation for first eggs

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by pcolarunnergirl, Jun 1, 2010.

1. pcolarunnergirl

pcolarunnergirl New Egg

May 30, 2010
    OK, I may be the only one to ever have this problem but....
    I started getting eggs from one of my hens about a week ago (the hens are about 7 months).
    I stared for the longest time at my first small egg and thought - its just too small, I'll wait for a second. The second egg showed up and I thought...I need to come up with an egg worthy preparation. I'm now up to 4 eggs and am stumped. Should I hard boil them (or the first) and carefully nibble it in appreciation? What if it doesn't peel nicely and it looks all messed up. Should I wait until I get a few more and make a fancy quiche? Or will mixing these EXTREMELY expensive eggs with vegetables diminish my appreciation of the egg.

Yes, I have overthought the problem and being slightly OCD does not help in the least.

So...what you be your suggestion for first egg(s) preparation?

2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    I saved up enough and fried one for every family member. In bacon grease. [​IMG]

3. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Save up enough for an omelet. Splurge and cook up some fresh Asparagus to put in the worthy omelet. Make a cheese sauce to serve on the side, open a bottle of good wine or better yet champagne and sit down and relish every wonderful bite. You will remember those eggs and the taste for the rest of your life.

Waite, waite. Invite me over. Waite, I forgot, is this dinner or breakfast? Either way. [​IMG]:jumpy

No, I don;t think you have over thought the situation. I spent weeks planning how I would eat my first Buttercup eggs. Asparagus is wonderful with omelets and wine or champagne marks it as an occasion to remember. [​IMG]

Enjoy.

4. dedicateddourly

dedicateddourly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Fallbrook, CA
    Instead of the asparagus or in conjunction with, maybe add some morels and shallots to that omelet. I can't wait for my first eggs.

5. RoninComputing

RoninComputing Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    Tempe AZ
    The quintessential luxury with eggs is Black Truffles.... shaved onto a light fluffy omlette or lightly scrambled egg...... Yum [​IMG]

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I'm boring (or maybe just poor, have you SEEEN the price of asparagus???) I like bacon grease and a couple of jalapeno slices [​IMG]

7. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Steak and eggs!

They will be hard to peel because they are so fresh if you hard boil them. Congrats on your first eggs!

Steve

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by