Would all the real Cornish Breeders Please stand up.

I have a young pair I bought at a show in December. The pullet just started to lay. She has two eggs out so far. Do I count as a "Cornish breeder"?
big_smile.png

Here are a few pics of my dark Standards.
61206_cornish_001.jpg

61206_cornish_005.jpg

61206_cornish_003.jpg

I really think the cornish breed deserves a thread I know theres more active breeders out there. Lets give them the respect they deserve and share our experiences with this wonderful breed.

I have Chanteclers and was looking for a source for Buff Cornish, but was told by an APA judge I'd have better luck finding a Dodo bird! Anyway, a member of Chantecler Fanciers supposedly found a flock of 60 or so Buff Cornish from an elderly breeder that passed away. I did get two Chantecler/Cornish cockerels from him, and an Ideal poultry Buff Cornish rooster (not really typey) and a very nice white-laced red Cornish hen. I love that hen!!!! I'm not sure how she'll work into my breeding program but I don't care -- I like her so much I am thinking of getting some more LF white-laced reds if anyone knows of a source.

So, I am not a breeder but count me in on the thread!!

BTW, are pure Cornish as good to eat as the ubiquitous Cornish cross?

Thanks,

Becky

Just got off the phone with MR. Cash I am getting some of his old bloodline Blue laced Reds from the original stock his grandfather used to Make the bantam blue laced red cornish breed with. I am also getting self blue bantam cornish Now I am supper exited
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom