Would anyone else feel weird about ....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by unionwirewoman, Dec 14, 2007.

1. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    I got a call on my cell phone at work this morning from a gal at the labor relations board . She said that they were making a calendar of "women in the trade" . I really didn't want to do it but she kinda guilted me into it by saying that "women work hard to get where they are , having someone who is in the union would bring recognition to it , and it would bring recognition to the employer who I am currently working for . " So like the idiot I am I said OK . Turns out that she wanted to take pictures that day at 11:00am . So I spent 45 minutes with this photographer telling me how to wear my tool belt , how to position my face etc. !!!!!!!!!!!! All the while , my foreman is laughing at me and all I can do is roll my eyes . I thought it would be a 10 minute thing , take a couple of pictures , then I could get back to my work . Does anyone else think that this is a little .... what's the word .... foo foo ? "Here I am little miss pretty with my tool bag , faking a pose , saying hello ." Why oh Why did I agree to this !!!![​IMG]

2. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    The embarrassing part is over now. It’s ok to be “girly” every now and then. It show both of our sides. You’ll have to post the pics when they come out!![​IMG]

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    You go girl! Maybe you'll be the new Miss January!! Just hope you're wearing more than your tool belt and a smile, haha!! Just kiddding, sounds like fun and a good way to promote women in traditionally male roles, you did a good thing for young girls...just hope you smiled big, lol!!

4. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Good on you, no never feel ashamed of being a photographed chick!
    Been there done that years ago! no not nudies.
    Yes its good to be fru fru sometimes and muddy the other times.
    How many shots did he take, in the old days they used rolls of film and I used to get in trouble for acting up and wasting film. But now I guess they have digitals and they can hit the delete button!!Did he use some lighting?
    I hope you enjoy the pics and yes please show us too!!

5. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Quote:WOW, They had cameras in those days? j/k [​IMG] PC told me to say that!

unionwirewoman its not weird, enjoy the limelight, and post pics!!!

Randy

6. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I would probably feel weird too, but be proud that you're representin!!!

7. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I think it's great! What a complement, be proud that they asked you.

8. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    You are WAY braver than me! I would have said NO THANKS, and hung up.

That said, I'm glad that you agreed to do it!

And.. as in all glamourous photoshoots... they aren't interested in the dirty reality. They want beautiful and capable [​IMG] .

But yeah, I'd feel weird. Especially if my (male) co-workers were all laughing at me!

Can't wait to see those pics!

Meghan

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I would feel weird, but that's nothing new for me...[​IMG]
    Just think of what a good role model you are for little girls with pink tool belts...[​IMG]

10. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

YOU GO GIRL. But you must let us know how to get ahold of one.......BE PROUD, dont think I could have done it.........a friend of mine and I were going to do a "bubba"calendar once,,,,,couldn't get enough workin men to say yes...so good for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by