Would baking soda work like lime

Judy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
South Georgia
I've read of a few who use it and say it works well. But you're right, it is a lot more expensive. I use the pelleted lime because it isn't dusty; I think about $5 for 40 lbs.

Opa

Opa-wan Chickenobi
12 Years
May 11, 2008
Howell Michigan
A much better solution is to use a product called Stall-Dri. It is available at Tractgor Supply and definately cuts down on odor. It also contains DE so that helps with insects like mites and flies.

tdgill

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 28, 2009
Cecil Co. MD - 5Yrs. Chickens 4Yrs. Ducks
I am looking to "clean up" the soil and moldy area where the feed spilled. I am not sure that Stall Dri has any lime in it. Just diatomaceous earth and clay. Which is still a very good product to have no doubt! Just not the application that I am seeking.

digitS'

Songster
12 Years
Dec 12, 2007
ID/WA border
The last time I was a party to cleaning out the kitchen fridge - it turned out we'd put 5 boxes of baking soda in there

Rather than throwing the boxes in the garbage, I think I'll start rotating them out into the coop.

Stall Dry and Dry Stall - there seems to be a number of these products out there. The one they have around here is made from pumice. There may be other "ingredients" - Dry Stall

Steve

Top Bottom