Would baking soda work like lime

I've read of a few who use it and say it works well. But you're right, it is a lot more expensive. I use the pelleted lime because it isn't dusty; I think about $5 for 40 lbs.

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing.

32279_shaggysgirl2002.jpg

A much better solution is to use a product called Stall-Dri. It is available at Tractgor Supply and definately cuts down on odor. It also contains DE so that helps with insects like mites and flies.

I am looking to "clean up" the soil and moldy area where the feed spilled. I am not sure that Stall Dri has any lime in it. Just diatomaceous earth and clay. Which is still a very good product to have no doubt! Just not the application that I am seeking.

The last time I was a party to cleaning out the kitchen fridge - it turned out we'd put 5 boxes of baking soda in there
roll.png

Rather than throwing the boxes in the garbage, I think I'll start rotating them out into the coop.

Stall Dry and Dry Stall - there seems to be a number of these products out there. The one they have around here is made from pumice. There may be other "ingredients" - Dry Stall

idunno.gif

Steve

Back
Top Bottom