Would everyone please......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I think that is going a little too far, as I have the right to believe and you have the right not to.

If you or your children do not believe then you can exercise your free will and not read the post.

ahhhh...ok. Now i get it.

When it comes to religion we will give people a 'free will' choice of what they read. When it comes to other topics (reproduction for example) we will take the right of 'free will' choice away and ban any mention.

Again I will say...this is a forum about chickens and not religion. If people want to discuss religious beliefs or call on others to pray to deities then maybe they should take those discussions to a religious forum.

Likewise, if people want to talk about human reproduction, they should take that to a forum dedicated to that.

Lets just talk about chicken issues here....and that way no one is offended.
smile.png

Quote:
You are clearly missing Terrie's original point about protecting our kids from adult topics.
I have an 8 year old son who is also a member here and I can allow him here without
worry thanks to the environment Nifty has created and moderators like Terrie PROTECT.

Religion, politics, and other non-chicken topics are not obscene or adult and add to the social
aspects and friendships here at BYC.

This is a “community”, not a secular chicken database.

Last edited:
The index breaks things down into chicken related/social, etc. Perhaps sticking with reading the chicken threads only could help you avoid any religious posts. I don't eat chicken, I don't want to watch processing videos or look at pictures. I don't read the meat bird thread. Not exactly the same thing but shows how the index can help readers avoid subject matter they'd rather not read. If processing pictures end up in a thread that is not in the meat bird category the posts will usually be moved by a moderator to the proper area.

....folks...i am not trying to be a pain...i just think that the religious stuff is taken over the top by some people (just like the 'adult' stuff is taken over the top by others). Adult posts are moderated quickly (which is good)...but the religious ones are not.

I really don't have a issue with people wanting to talk about their religious beliefs, but I feel that this is not the place. Likewise, I am sure that there are ways of asking for support that does not put out a call for "prayers"...and that sort of call should be done on other forums. I certainly feel that the calls for support for 'a distant friends third cousin (once removed) sisters nieces friend who took pills and collapsed in church' should not be a thread in here.

I come here to talk about chickens, learn about chicken issues and share what limited knowledge I have gained from experience.

Reproduction topics are not banned here.

What we do not tolerate is the vulgar, crude words and filthy images some members have chosen in the past to use.

The BYC forum has rules . We enforce those rules according to the directives given by Nifty-Chicken, the owner of this website.

Anyone questioning how things are done the way they are should read the rules and become very familiar with them.

1. Remember this is a family board no swearing / foul language and no inappropriate "Adult" topics.

Trolling to incite and flaming is another big no-no.

Responses to the current topic should tred lightly.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom