Would everyone please......

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the reasons I love this forum. I don't have to worry about what my kids will read here. It's all about chickens and the people who love them.
smile.png

Quote:
Quite right, I will amend that to HUMAN reproduction and related topics. I thought it was implied but clearly I need to be more pointed.

Quote:
Not true. Just because you don't see it happen doesn't mean it doesn't happen. We can be very quick.
smile.png

The posts left open are ones we feel are going well. Rest assured that the moderating staff here is very aware of any thread or post....let me repeat...ANY post that is likely to be a hotbed of flaming and inappropriateness. We watch and we take action where needed, usually after careful watching and private discussion.

Quote:
The OWNER of BYC doesn't want one. 'Nuff said on that.
smile.png

No foul language but fowl language is encouraged.

I agree with 'dlunicorn' - "there are certain boundaries that should not be crossed and although we do care please remember that you put the adults in a very uncomfortable (and somewhat impossible) position when you bring up these subjects and ask our advice or even want to discuss these topics with other youth on this board in open chat or on the main board."

I haven't been to chat for over a month. The last few times I was there it was full of kids whining about no one paying attention to them and interacting with adults in a way that it was bordering on 'trolling' for minors. We're sorry if you can't find a special friend - please don't ask us for pointers about how to be desirable.

I also have to admit that I don't enjoy the list as much as I used to - at times it appears too non-chicken oriented. I popped in one day last week and none of the "most recent posts" had anything to do with chickens - just all games, prayer requests and crafting questions.

If that had been my first time to the site, I'd wonder why it was called backyardchickens.

I have a couple of questions...

Is there anyway to let us know who is a minor and who isn't? At least for chat. I've seen some nasty comments made to minors from oblivious adults. Comments that they might not have made if they knew the question/statement was coming from a child.

Is there a way to disconnect 'recent posts' from non-chicken categories? Rather than having people interested in chicken-only information go digging. Let the non-chicken folks only have access to others interested in games and such from the specific forums.

I hate wading through an average of 17 pages a day to catch up with 'most recent posts' when at least 1/3 of them have nothing to do with chickens. I love you guys but the chaff somedays buries the wheat. To catch up since yesterday, I have 34 pages of posts to scan.

Climbing back down - I feel much better. And I do appreciate your hard work.

Mary Ann - far from being a minor - close to being a crotchity old lady

Is there anyway to let us know who is a minor and who isn't? At least for chat. I've seen some nasty comments made to minors from oblivious adults. Comments that they might not have made if they knew the question/statement was coming from a child.

To tag a minor as a minor may set them up for a predator to troll them.

However, regarding chat, it is expected that everyone regardless of age is courteous to everyone else, regardless of age.

Most regular chatters know that if I am sent a chat transcript or a PM to come to chat if I am online, I am there and all over it. I have no hesitation in banning from chat anyone who is a problem. I will even ban from the board if it continues.
I know all the moderators feel the same.

Quote:
You ain't seen crotchity until you have seen me go blazing into chat after a frantic PM just as I was heading off to bed....and all because someone who can't be polite or appropriate or follow the rules they agreed to when they signed up here.
lau.gif

Sorry, I'm running away from this one. Two of my favorite members, both who just
happen to be moderators, have this thread more than under control.

Anyone have any chickens? I pray everyone will experience the joy of a chicken.
smile.png

Quote:
you sound lonely?,,,need a chicken,,i'll give ya 1
big_smile.png

this whole subject is like telling your kids to go to bed,,, they ask "WHY" every night,,,and after i tell them ALL the reasons why they need their sleep,,day 2 becomes what i think is the ULTIMATE answer,,,"cause im bigger then you,,and i say so"
kinda like i OWNED the house,,,,,kinda like,,,um,,,,this forum is OWNED,,,,,,so im thinking,,,(not very hard,,it hurts my head
big_smile.png
) the answer is STARING in alls faces,,,,,,,well cause the OWNER SAID SO,,,,,now GO TO BED!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
cool.png

Quote:
you sound lonely?,,,need a chicken,,i'll give ya 1
big_smile.png

this whole subject is like telling your kids to go to bed,,, they ask "WHY" every night,,,and after i tell them ALL the reasons why they need their sleep,,day 2 becomes what i think is the ULTIMATE answer,,,"cause im bigger then you,,and i say so"
kinda like i OWNED the house,,,,,kinda like,,,um,,,,this forum is OWNED,,,,,,so im thinking,,,(not very hard,,it hurts my head
big_smile.png
) the answer is STARING in alls faces,,,,,,,well cause the OWNER SAID SO,,,,,now GO TO BED!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
cool.png

Yep!
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom